Friday, 26 April 2013

Hello and welcome! Or what the hell am I doing here?

Let me start this by saying I already have a full time blogging gig running Maple Leaf Mommy, which is a "mom" blog, full of family anecdotes and product reviews. I game. I game frequently. Gaming is, and always has been, a huge part of my life. I found myself  wondering, why am I not writing about this on my blog?

It just didn't seem to fit. As much as I'm a mixed bag blogger who dabbles in topics ranging from recipes to rants, everything is approached from the "I'm a mom." angle. And gaming... gaming is that other thing I do. Off hours. When I'm not busy being somebody's mother.

And She Games... started out as an idea I had last Fall. I had banged my head pretty hard and managed to give myself a doozy of a concussion. While I was laying about recouping this idea for a separate blog where I would post strictly gaming stuff came into my head. Once I was feeling well enough to see straight I went online and purchased the domain name. And then I had second thoughts  lots of them, about launching a venture I dreamt up while laying on a couch after giving myself a head wound. So the idea fermented for several months, I chatted about it on and off with some online friends and I eventually I roped Shari into joining me on this crazy adventure.

Shari brings to the table mainstream gaming. She loves Facebook games, apps, Wii games and the more mainstream and classic family board games. I'm old school and slightly more hardcore. My passion lies with roleplaying and strategic board games, but I am also a sucker for a good video game, particularly if it's got a roleplaying bent to it.

We welcome guest posters and would love for other female gamers to speak out on their perspective on gaming and life as a gamer. We want to make this a place where we'll talk about games we love and loathe, about raising our kids as gamers, being a gaming mom, and fitting gaming time into our lives. We do intend to host giveaways and post product reviews, but what we're really aiming for is discussion and community.

So welcome, come on in. Grab a video game controller, a deck of cards or a handful of dice; kick back and relax. Make yourself at home. We're all gamers here.

16 comments:

  1. Happy to see the site live! I'm so glad you guys are doing this...it's much needed and love the idea of it :) So many "male" dominated gaming sites...but we need a more feminine aspect on things ;) hehe Looking forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I've been kicking this idea around for a long while, so excited to finally be going somewhere with it.

      Delete
  2. That's great~ I am a gamer as well in my off time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashleigh! So as a mom, do you find it hard to find the time to game? For me gaming it a high priority, but I always feel like whenever I am something else is falling behind.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the launch!! I would never of guessed you were a gamer! I used to be a pretty hardcore gamer when I was younger, but stopped playing when the games got more complex, and I got more busy. I still love hearing about them and can't wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so odd to me that folks wouldn't know I'm a gamer, when it's how I spend a huge chunk of my time. And well, hence this blog!

      Delete
  4. Great new blog! I'm most excited for the EB Games gift card. Can splurge on a new game! But the Tassimo is a close second. That would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my Tassimo, but always happy to have dollars to spend at EB too!

      Delete
  5. So glad to have found this blog! What an awesome idea for us moms to come together on. Gaming is something that I LOVE but don't share with others as I spend way more time on games than I should!
    Looking forward to reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel too! So I figured I might as well do another blog, to hopefully get some use out of the time spent LOL

      Delete
  6. Ever family occasion we all partook in board games/crib games/card games ! Cherished memories. Not only did they bring a sense of family unity - they also bonded our family together. Siblings are still close and we have our Mom/Dad to thank for that. Love this site because its' focus on spending time together and learning to laugh and have fun is priority. Continued success !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva. I too have many fond memories of time spent gaming with both my own family and my in-laws. Definitely a tradition I want to keep up with my girls.

      Delete
  7. Awesome idea for a blog, can't wait to see what you have to offer. We love games!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. So exciting to see so many fellow game lovers making their way over here!

      Delete
  8. Like the variety of different games on your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emilia! Between the two of us we love pretty much every kind of game.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...