Monday, 6 May 2013
Virtual Knitting Game
Every time I've seen this cartoon it has made me giggle, but I've also thought it would be fun to play! LOL So I have been on the look out for a knitting game app on my iPhone. I have tried some in the past and they were utter disappointments, so I deleted and moved on. I recently found Virtual Knitting, and thought I would try it out.
When you first open up the app you get this title screen. Forget the fact that it was March and it starts out with Christmas music, and a Christmas tree, yes that irks me, but doesn't effect game play.
So the first time I played I just clicked on the play button and started playing...I had no idea how to play, there was no tutorial or anything so I went back out and went to the help screen this is it. I find it ironic that on the iPhone app there is a Blackberry app prominently displayed which slows down game play significantly.
This is the game screen. You have to click the arrow to make it across the screen, and as you get to a different colour you have to tap on the balls of yarn. Not that I got that from the instructions, I figured that out by messing up a dozen times.
I found it painfully slow, and it doesn't even look like real knitting, and it is hard to figure out what you need to do. I think they need to add a quick tutorial, and remove the ad at the bottom, to hopefully speed it up.
My verdict? Knitting is best left in reality, and not virtual reality.
Labels:
Apps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hmm. I did not know there was any such thing as a virtual knitting app, let alone more than one. That seems unnecessary...
ReplyDeleteLOL Yes, yes it does.
Deletefor pete's sake thanks a bunch for this one
ReplyDeleteLOL I love that you said for Pete's sake. I say that and for the love of pete a lot. Hubby wants to know who Pete is LOL
DeleteI wished this worked - it looks like such a cute app!
ReplyDeleteBut.... I might actually be able to knit with this app! ;)
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I could be satisfied "knitting" without a finally product at the end!
ReplyDeletethis looks so funny
ReplyDeleteThis looks super cute but kind of pointless. All that work and you don't even get a scarf at the end!
ReplyDeleteI shared this picture with a friend who likes to knit when I first came across it. Funny, but I have to agree pretty silly game concept.
ReplyDelete