Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Did you know? It's Read an RPG Book in Public Week! #readrpgs


It's that time of year again!  Read an RPG Book in Public Week is celebrated three times a year. The idea is to dust off your favourite RPG rulebook, get out in public and READ -- on the bus, at a pub, in a coffee shop, at the park, or pretty much anywhere you can dream up.

The point is to make the roleplaying hobby more visible, get it "out of the basement" and into the public eye.  Maybe someone will see you reading, be curious and ask about your book. Or maybe a former gamer will see what you've got in your hands and it will trigger an urge in them to game again.

Personally, my husband and I usually use Read an RPG Book in Public Week as an excuse for a coffee date, or a few pints at the pub. I've yet to have anyone approach us and ask what we're reading, or what we're up to when we turn it into an impromptu photo session. Despite the fact that I have no obvious proof that we've had any effect on the gaming lives of others by bringing our RPG books out into the light of day, I love the concept. And heck, who can argue at an excuse to get out and grab a pint of your favorite bevvy?


This great event was originally proposed by The Escapist. For further details check out their Facebook page, or The Escapist's Read an RPG Book in Public Week webpage.

So, I'm curious, anyone else making plans to head out and Read an RPG Book this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...