I recently wrote about receiving a Brady Games Survival Guide for a review. With that book, Brady Games also sent us their collectors edition Art Book Called Tomb Raider The Art of Survival.
We think of this as a coffee table book, as you would want to flip through it over and over and look at the beautiful art work.
On the Brady Games Site, they say this about their Art Books:
Our compelling, high-quality Art Books are collector's items for video game fans. Filled with exclusive creator commentary and inspiring concept art, these stunning books reveal an in-depth look at the incredible world these talented game developers have created. Stunning images printed on high quality paper make these books a must-have for any collector or fan.
While this is a very apt description, I don't think you fully get the quality of the book until you pick it up and hold it in your hands.
The art in this book is amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed flipping through it after we played the game. All of the images are in the book, and I remember we couldn't get over the art work in the game, the graphics were amazing. We kind of laughed in a respectful way at the details they put into the smallest of items.
You sort of miss some of that details when you are absorbed in game play (someone shooting at your head tends to give you that reaction). So having them all laid out in a quality book gives you the time to really look through it and appreciate each piece.
Hubby brought it into work to show his buddy that plays Tomb Raider Survivor. He loved the book too!
I would recommend this book to anyone who loves the game, or who loves gaming graphics.

No comments:
Post a Comment