Monday 23 March 2015

Farmville 2


A few years ago Farmville was one of the top games played on Facebook. Most of the people I know played, and if you didn't play, well you were probably inundated with requests anyway.

That craze has died down, and while people still play a lot have moved on. I tried to play it, but didn't like it as much as others. It was an overhead shot, but I found it hard to get in close, and hard to see what I was doing.  I also just didn't find it as engaging as I should, and it lost my interest pretty easily.

When Zynga realized that they were losing people they tried to recapture the magic with Farmville 2.

Take a nostalgic journey down the countryside!

Create, build and nourish the farm of your dreams in FarmVille 2. You’ll interact with a variety of interesting characters, grow and unlock special crops, take care of animals, and make your farm come alive. Trade with neighbors, contribute to your friends' farms, and join a Co-op to work with farmers you can count on to complete a shared Order Board and progress on the Co-op Delivery Map for huge rewards!
It never did gain the popularity that the first reached, however, I think it's a pretty good game.  I actually like it a lot better than I ever liked the first one.

I recommend getting off Facebook, and playing on Zynga.com.  This way you can find people who play, and want to send you requests and help you get further in the game.  You don't have to then bother all your "friends" on Facebook.

When you start out you will go through an easy tutorial, and will learn how to do each thing.

You can visit neighbours, grow crops, feed animals, and expend.


They have groves, and plots now so that it is easier and faster to upgrade things as well as do the maintenance faster.

There are different missions that also coincide with special recipes, and buildings for that mission.  You follow the story of farmville, creating recipes, and farming to help out the town. 

You will earn rewards, and bonuses, and be able to move up in the ranks to beat your friends.  I like that you can also create a co-op now, so you can all help each other to produce more recipes and get to the rewards faster.

They have mastered growing the game and making it better.  If they make a mistake by making a mission too short of time, and the jobs too hard, they will learn from their mistakes, and also give you a bonus. 

I also like that I can grow a family, so now when I log in, during the morning and I have a ton of things to do it goes faster because I have 4 "people" doing the work.

Overall, I think this game is improved from the original and I really like it.  If you are on Zynga you can add me as a friend and neighbour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...