Friday 13 November 2015

Family Game Night, Yay or Nay?

As a gamer I have always found the concept of family game night to be a bit silly. I mean why would we have to set aside a particular time to play board games? I wrote about this over on Maple Leaf Mommy a few days ago. Here's an excerpt:

While we don't have any one night set aside as "Family Game Time", we play games with the kids regularly. We are a family of gamers. My husband has over 1200 board games in his collection, yes seriously. We play board games a couple times a week, minimum. We have friends over at least once a week to play games, and we also help host a few different local public board gaming events each month. So when people ask if we do family games night my instinctive reaction is to stifle a laugh. Family games night? Ha. No, we just game All Of The Time. 
Except lately I've found that we don't. This week I realized I couldn't remember the last time I sat down and played a game with the girls...

To read the rest head over to "Whatever Happened to Family Game Night" on MapleLeafMommy.com.

(Oh and perhaps I should mention there's a Mattel Games giveaway involved too! So head on over to enter to win a set of two board games.)

4 comments:

  1. Yay, of course. It is a great way to teach your children about fairness in sportsmanship and using logic and skill and how to lose or win gracefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote Yay!! That being said, as kids grow older, unless it is a video game they become disinterested in board games. That is my own experience anyhow. My son always said they were board games (bored games) because they were boring LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i vote yay! i love family game nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a traditional family game night once a week. We enjoy it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...