Thursday, 9 May 2013

Just Dance Disney Review

Available for Wii and Xbox

At Christmas time I worked with a company called Game Access for my other blog, basically they are a game subscription service.

One of the games we tried out was Just Dance Disney on Kinect.  We found it fun, but our Kinect doesn't really work that well in our dark family room, there were times when the sleeping cat on the back of the couch was playing...and winning...the game.  I think it would be great if it wasn't for our trouble with the Kinect.

I was looking through the bargain bin at Walmart for inexpensive games we could get for the boys, I found it for the Wii!

When the boys saw it they were very happy.  This is a really fun game, that even our youngest can play.  I took some pics of them playing, and I giggle whenever I look at it.

The left is them doing the dance on the right....

YUP! Totally nailed it!

I like that this gives them points for just moving the remote.  So when the youngest just swings his arms around, or runs around in circles he still gets points.  They also give points for most movement, random bonus and lucky number bonus as well. This way none of them feel like they didn't get any points.  It also means depending on the song, anyone of them can win.

This game is fun for the whole family, and will give you a really great work out too! We brought it with us to visit our in-laws, and all 5 boys played happily, and they range from 12-3 years old.

Conclusion? We thoroughly enjoy this game, and highly recommend it to any family with kids around.

14 comments:

  1. action movement games are fun for the whole family I like the age-range and the songs, Dance Disney how fun thanks for this review

    ReplyDelete
  2. When our 3 year old plays Kinect games, the sensor has a hard time picking her up because she's too short. I think we need a longer living room!

    I love that this game doesn't require kids to do the correct dance moves - I think we'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our kinect had problems too! It kept picking up the cat sleeping on the couch, and he actually won once.

      Delete
  3. I was looking at this in Walmart and wondering if it would be worthwhile buying. Thanks to your review I will be heading back to get it! I like games that promote movement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really worth it. Our boys love it.

      Delete
  4. Your reviews are making me want a WII!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to get this for my niece for her birthday, definitely think I will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats a good way to burn off some energy

    ReplyDelete

  7. i think my kids and i would love this game and it would be a great way to loose some weight too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to use this for exercise

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a fun way to tire out the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My kids love dance games, we like the ones we have on Wii but they have tried kinect too and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried the kinect too, but our room is too small and dark and it started counting the cat who was sleeping on the couch. Oh and he won once too! LOL

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...