Thursday, 25 July 2013

And She Games In The Press


Recently, here at And She Games, we received a fun email opportunity.  As a blogger, we get lots of emails with pitches, but not all are ones that we get that excited about.

This particular one made us both a little nervous, but excited too.  We were asked to be a part of an article by Lauren La Rose from the Canadian Press.  She wanted to interview Moms about gaming, and she came across And She Games, and thought we would be a good fit.

Since I have been an Office Administrator in my previous life, and have had to answer phones, and meet all kinds of different people, I am used to having grace under pressure. I am pretty good at pretending I am totally not freaking out, even when I am.

In true Mom blogger fashion, I scheduled the interview for nap and quiet time.  In true kid fashion, my 5 yr old heard the phone ring, and did not stop coming out to talk to me and of course throwing a fit when I told him to go back to lay down.

Thankfully Lauren was very patient and professional, and proceeded to ask questions anyways.

I was asked a lot about what I enjoy playing, and as a mom how do we incorporate it into our time with the boys.  I enjoyed doing the interview, and would love to do more in the future.

I received an email from Lauren stating that our story had went out and was being picked up by newspapers.

I am quite excited to see the papers that are picking it up! Be sure to check out the articles:

Brandon Sun
The Globe and Mail
Vancouver Sun
The National Post


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! As a gamer mom, I'm proud to see us get some representation. Great job, Shari! (I like that my hometown Vancouver Sun picked it up too.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...