My hubby recently told me he was going to pick up Tomb Raider Survivor from the mall, since it was on sale. I knew I had a contact at Brady Games Strategy Guides, so I asked if we could check out the Game Guide for it.
When I mentioned to Deanna that I was getting a Brady Guide she was all ooing and aahing. Then I told hubby that I was getting it, and he was like "really?? A Brady Guide? They are the best ones!" Then he told his buddy who was all jealous. Basically everyone that found out I was getting a Brady Guide was totally excited. This is where I should probably admit that I had no idea what a Brady Guide was. I had to look it up when I saw that my contact worked with them (hangs head in shame) which totally reinforced my thoughts that I am totally over my head in this game blogging business!
Anyways, when we got the guide, I didn't even open it. I did what any good wife would do, I put it on the entertainment unit, in the wrapper. When he got home he opened it up, and the other one that I will review shortly. He looked them both over for a while, and then we started to play the game.
When it comes to gaming, we like to play without using guides if possible. However, on Tomb Raider, whenever we couldn't find a secret tomb, or couldn't figure out how to get through it we would consult the guide. Also there was some levels that he played over and over and over and we then pulled out the guide and followed the directions. We would then get through it really fast.
Since we have finished the game, we have went back and started going through the guide step by step and finding the items we missed. Once we finished we found out we only really finished 70% of it with missing hidden tombs and things.
You could always go through the guide page by page and never miss one thing in the game. We found it quite comprehensive and easily to follow. The pictures in the guide are amazing! And the book is great quality.
When you buy the guide you also get a special code for a free download for in game play.
Are you a fan of Brady Guides? Do you think I need to hand in my gamer mom card since I didn't know what it was?
Check out our funny post on observations we made while playing.


No comments:
Post a Comment