Sunday 11 January 2015

Let's Race AKA Momma loves Mario Kart


Playing Mario Kart

So those of you who don't know me from my other blog The Knit Wit by Shair, might not know I am a bit of a NASCAR fan.  And by a bit of a fan, I mean bordering on obsessed :P

Anyways, for those that know me, it doesn't come as a surprise that I like to play racing games.  People see 3 boys and a hubby in the house and think all the racing games we have are theirs.  They think wrong.  Those are mine, along with the Disney Cars DVD, that's mine too.

When we first let the boys play Mario Kart with us, they were terrible, I mean fighting for 12th terrible. I would pass them while they were driving either lost in the grass or going the wrong direction.  For a Mommy that is overly competitive and doesn't like to lose, it worked great. I won usually by over 1/2 a lap and I could even knit while I waited for them to finish the race.

My 8 yo has played some and gotten a bit better.  He has made 5th place a few times, and is very excited when he does. 

My middle however, has practiced a lot.  He will ask to play a lot of times.  Whenever we let him play he will just keep going and going.  He has gotten a ton better, like so much better that he has beaten me a few times.

I can usually still beat him, but he gives me a good run for my money.  I really like playing with him now, as it is a challenge.  We like to play team races on each others team.

Do you have a favourite game?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...