Sunday 1 February 2015

Jenga Game

We are big on games in our house. I have a huge cabinet that keep them in so that they can be accessible to both my boys aged 2 and 8. I am always looking to add fun games that not only peak their interest but also help improve a skill.

I wanted to share about a new game that we added to our collection. For Christmas my oldest received the new Jenga Quake game from Hasbro. We love the classic block stacking game and enjoy the challenge of pulling out the blocks and hoping we are steady enough not to take out the whole tower. I find that challenging enough sometimes so when I heard about Jenga Quake I kind of hoped my oldest never asked for it LOL.


The new game adds a twist and challenges you in a way I never would of thought would of been possible. So rules are still the same you stack up the blocks and each player takes a turn pulling out a block and placing it on top trying not to tip the tower. But the twist is that this time the base will randomly vibrate causing the blocks to move and shuffle in ways you don't expect. The anticipation will build as you just never know when the big one is going to happen.

The added rush of trying to beat the quake can send players into a tizzy and cause a whole bunch of laughs and giggles as you secretly hope it goes off while your opponents are pulling out their block on their turn.


What I loved about this game is that my oldest could play alone if he wanted. Sometimes he just needs some time to himself and he will often go up to his room and draw or read. But now with this new Jegna game I can sometimes hear it going off as he is playing and then I hear a DARN IT! LOL usually meaning it fell over.

The game includes 36 orange and gray Jenga blocks, base and instructions. It does require 3 ""AA"" batteries that are not included.
I think this is a great game to be included in your family game nights or like I mentioned anytime. Work on sportsmanship, hand, eye coordination and fine motor skills all while having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...