Friday 10 July 2015

Getting my Geek Fuel

https://www.geekfuel.com/andshegames

If you have been around a while, you will know that we love our geeky and gamer gear!  Plus I am a sucker for mystery boxes of goodies!  So you know I was all over Geek Fuel!

Each box is full of random goodies, and you can get them starting at as low as $13.95 USD a month.  That includes an original t-shirt design!  You aren't going to find these just anywhere.  This t-shirt is worth the price of the box, so to me rest of what you get is free!  Right?

PLUS each box I have gotten comes with a free game code!! So for the T-shirt and game you have your money's worth, plus things that you know you are going to use.  

June's box came, and well I may have freaked out when I saw all the awesomeness inside!


Also remember that if you sign up through my referral link you will receive a bonus RETRO magazine!  This is a referral only offer, so SIGN UP HERE to get your bonus Retro magazine!

I am always stunned by the value I receive in my boxes. This month I received 2 books, a t-shirt, and a $10 game code....and other things too!! The books and game code alone are valued at $34 CDN and the box you can get for as low as $13 a month.

I really love that the t-shirts you can get in ladies sizes. I find usually in these boxes they have a unisex version and let's face it, those usually fit women like a mumu LOL Not what us women want to look like.

Check out how cute I look in my The Truth Is Out There Tee!  It's a Geek Fuel exclusive!



This is a decent quality shirt, and an ode to the X-Files from the 90s!


Hubby and I just finished watching Jurassic Park 1-3 movies, and then he went to see the 4th one in the theatre with his buddies! My boys have been doing a summer reading program where they are trying to read as many books as possible before the end of the summer. I was thinking I should get something to read too. Then I received my Geek Fuel box.


Jurassic Park: A Novel
Unless your species evolved sometime after 1993 when Jurassic Park hit theaters, you're no doubt familiar with this dinosaur-bites-man disaster tale set on an island theme park gone terribly wrong. But if Speilberg's amped-up CGI creation left you longing for more scientific background and ... well, character development, check out the original Michael Crichton novel. Although not his best book (get ahold of sci-fi classic The Andromeda Strain for that), Jurassic Park fills out the film version's kinetic story line with additional scenes, dialogue, and explanations while still maintaining Crichton's trademark thrills-'n'-chills pacing. As ever, the book really is better than the movie. 
 I didn't really know there was a book...I guess it makes sense, but I was thrilled to get a full length best selling book in my box. That would have been enough for me, but nope! They got me another one!!


The Lost World: A Novel (Jurassic Park Book 2)

Written in the wake of Jurassic Park's phenomenal box-office success, The Lost World seems as much a guidebook for Hollywood types hard at work on the franchise's followup as it is a legitimate sci-fi thriller. Which begs the inevitable questions: Is the plot a rehash of the first book? Sure it is, with the action unfolding on yet another secluded island, the mysterious "Site B." Is the cast of characters basically the same? Absolutely, from a freshly minted pair of cute, compu-savvy kids right down to the neatly exhumed chaos theorist Ian Malcolm (who was presumed dead at the close of JP). But is it fun to read? You betcha. Hollywood (and Michael Crichton) keeps telling us the same old stories for a very good reason: we like them. And the pulp SF formula Crichton has mastered with Jurassic Park and The Lost World is no exception.




 So in my box I got the Jurassic Park series books! Man I was so excited. I got 2 books and a t-shirt. Thank you, good night! NOPE! There is more!!!!

Ok to be honest, I am not nearly as excited about the 90's Mutant Hero Ooze as I am about the books, tee, and other things in the box LOL, but I do remember having some in the 90s.

Oh and I have 3 boys who are very excited and fighting over this ooze as I write this! LOL

And I totally did take it out and play with it for a bit, because it still feels cool.  So this will go to one of the boys...wondering how long I can get them to behave with the promise of one of them getting it.....


As a gamer, I love the idea of the downloadable game codes! I think this is awesome, and a great idea to be added to the boxes.

I have seen other geeky boxes, but I really love that this one has the game code! And hey free really cool key chain.  The boys may try to steal it lol, but this is all mine!  Plus the game is all mine too!!

This time I got Super Win The Game!  

Each month you will get a Geek Fuel Magazine that has fun information, lists, and articles to pair with items you get in your box.

I also got a Mortal Kombat book mark and limited edition Mighty Morphin Magnet.   Coolest fridge around, yo!





I am really impressed with:
- the thought put into each box of goodies
- the quality of items chosen
- and the value for the money



So which item is your favourite?

Want to subscribe?  Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...