Saturday 10 October 2015

Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Review


With three boys, and a Mama that loves NASCAR, racing games are pretty big around here.  We have several different ones, and really like playing them on our Wii.

Our boys have wanted Skylanders for a while, but haven't gotten the previous versions.  When I saw the new Skylanders SuperChargers Racing Starter Pack, I knew it would be a huge hit with our family.


Being the genius mother I am, I told them if they were good, I would break out the Skylanders SuperChargers.  Of course, they were super awesome, cleaned their rooms, and we cracked open the game.

The Starter pack comes with Bowser, and a racing vehicle.  They were very happy about that! They love Bowser, and were very excited that he was in the game.  Both of the boys wanted to be Bowser of course! LOL  You can also get a Turbo Charge Donkey Kong as one of the purchasable characters in stores.




The one thing that we find tricky with these types of games are that they are 2 player, and we have 3 boys. That sometimes can cause us some problems, but we make sure they all get a turn. Sometimes the older boys will hand off the controller to the younger one of their own free will. That makes things pretty easy.

Getting started was pretty easy.  Just take it out of the box, plug in the pad, put in the disk and turn on the system.

Then the game walks you throw a little briefing of what is happening and then tells you to put the parts on.


You can choose 3 different vehicle types, thus leading to different fun and challenging racing events.
We started out with the Land races, but then the boys went on to both Sea and Sky races after.  You are flying, driving, or diving through all of the new Skylands racing worlds.  In most racing type games you get just certain types of vehicles, but now depending on which ones you have purchased, you can pop it on there, and it's an option. They are making the vehicles like another character in the same

There are different modes, and it is an expansive racing adventure, meaning you can unlock more and do more as you go along.  There is even an online Multiplayer mode where you can play with your friends.

Additionally, you can now take your Skylanders adventure with you for a true on-the-go experience via iPad, and for the first time ever, with iPod, iPhone and Apple TV!

I like the fact that now that we have the starter pack we can tell family members to get more characters, and vehicles for Christmas.





Since my 7yo is the one that loves racing games almost as much as me, I asked him to do a review of the game.  Here are his thoughts:

How to play: You steer the wii remote (put the steering wheel on). Hold 2 to go. Press A to shoot.

What I thought: I think it's cool because you can fly and swim.

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of that vehicle. Man I need to see some screen shots! Those figures looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son keeps asking about Skylanders but I didn't quite now what they were. This looks awesome though! Definitely going to pick up one of the sets and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Disney Infinity so I figured it was like that. Which is a similar idea, but different. I like the racing idea because that is the type of thing we really like.

      Delete
  3. We haven't jumped into Skylanders yet but I am very tempted! I find the collectible characters add such a fun element to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG so cool!!! My son is obsessed!! He has all the previous games and he is hoping that Santa brings this one for him this year. It looks like its as good as the others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are really fun, and I like that this one offers vehicles too, so you can unlock different vehicles per character. It helps keep the game fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU have no idea how much I am looking forward to this! I have seen Super Chargers now at two conferences and they look so fun! I know my kids would both be all over it. Plus I learned that you can use all the other Skylanders guys with this set when I was at the XBOX media showcase so hello!! That's a really nice feature. My kids both love racing as do I - it's just a fun feature to add to this franchise! I am thinking these will be making an appearance around XMAS time here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome and they would definitely provide hours of fun. Putting these on my Christmas shopping list, I know a little boy who would be in love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt ripped off, it was not worth buying a racing game only, for my Wii, it was a waste of money.
    Skylanders I am disappointed.
    Mediocre gameplay, no way to tell if you're getting attacked, powerups that are not explained, and the fact that would make a better, minigame for the normal story over a separate game.

    negative reveiw, sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is open to their own opinions, and we aren't all going to like the same things. My boys love it. They still play it regularly. That said we haven't played any of the other Skylanders games.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...