Sunday 29 November 2015

Just "Ring It!"

My boys and I are always looking for fun games to play. Many times they will grab a game from our ever growing selection and play themselves.  So keeping fun and interesting games on hand is key.  We are also always on the look out for brands that we can trust to have good games, so when we want to try something new we will go to their company and find a good one.

I heard from my partner in crime, Deanna, that Blue Orange Games has many great ones.  After looking through their selection, I chose Ring It!



AGES 5 AND UP • 2-9 PLAYERS

Clap and ring your way to victory! Players continuously flip their cards until a combo is found. Be the first to find the combo, clap your hands and ring the bell. Hesitation may cost you 1st place, but if you act too quickly you may make a mistake and face a penalty! Get ready for chaotic clapping followed by lots of laughter!
Skills:

    Visual Perception
    Focus & Attention
    Processing Speed

The reasons I chose this game is because it seemed like a great game that all 3 of my boys could play.  It is made for ages 5 and up.  I knew my 5yo could figure out the matching part, and would understand how to play.  Also it seemed like simple set up and something that would be fun.



The boys were excited to play as soon as they saw the game.

The set up was super simple! I just opened up the can, shuffled the cards, and dealt. We were good to go.  My 3 boys aged 9, 7, and 5, were all able to play with me, and it was super simple for them to understand the concept.

The first game I won handily as they were still trying to get the hang of it. But after that it became much more competitive.  


The only thing that I didn't really think through was the amount of times they would ring that bell! LOL Like I was shuffling...ding ding ding ding ding.  I was dealing ..ding ding ding ding ding. I was talking ...ding ding ding ding ding etc etc etc

Overall, we found the game really fun, and engaging. They were able to set up and play on their own after I was done as well.



3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really fun game but I don't think I could handle the dinging of the bell either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good game except for the dinging..lol! Oh well not all games can be quiet. (Judy Cowan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really fun game. Bring back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...