Friday 20 November 2015

Travel Gaming

Holiday's can be busy! I know with my boys we are always on the go visiting this person and that person. I don't know about you but I can only hear them argue about who's turn it is to pick the next DVD is so many times. Hubby and I have talked about ways to get them away from the "screen time" and encourage them to do something else. So I figured we would use some travel games this holidays season to pass the time in the car.


I wanted to introduce my oldest to something fun but also that would make him think. We decided to go with the SCRABBLE TWIST Game for him. This fun little game has the individual playing twisting and turning various words in order to get points to win the game. The unit displays 5 letters at a time and the more 3 letter words you find in those 5 letters the more points you earn! Just tap and twist to bank each work you make and move on to the next. I love that it offers various levels so not only can everyone play but you can also move up as you get better. I think this will be a hit at the parties and dinners as there are three games to play (Party, Turbo and Solo) and room for up to 7 opponents meaning my guy can play it alone or with his buddies!


As much as I wish I could tell you my toddler can spell and would love the scrabble game its a long shot. We ended up picking out the BOP IT! STAR WARS R2-D2 Edition Game. It is not neccasary for him as it is recommended for ages 8 and up but I knew it would keep him busy and his brother would enjoy "teaching" him how to play.  Any time I can get the both of them together and there is no fighting I am all for it. Twist it, pull it and take the classic game Bop It! to the next level. You have to listen carefully as you hear C-3P0 command you to take certain actions. You start off slow and the commands get faster the more you get correct. You must do it as fast as you can, and if you get it right to get another chance - but if you don't, you're out!


 This holiday season I will be riding in silence as the boys will be busy in the backseat with their new games. Not only will there be no arguments, but they will also be able to challenge themselves and not have their faces in a screen.

1 comment:

  1. Both these games sound really fun and I'm all for anything that keeps kids quiet! That R2-D2 is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...