Sunday 29 March 2015

Playing Skip-Bo

Skip-Bo Card GameWhen I was younger I learned about the awesome game that is called SKIP BO .

It was the go to game for our youth group and at the came I worked at. I came home and taught my sister, and we use to play all the time.

I have owned the game for many many years, and I have been waiting for the right opportunity to teach it to my boys. 

Well they are currently old enough to learn!  My oldest actually had seen it in his class, as his teacher brought it in. He never played, but  watched the other kids I bit.

I recently taught him and then his 6yo brother wanted to learn.  Boy did he figure it out fast.  He even noticed that I blocked some of their moves a few times, and well....he started doing it lol.

I wouldn't play too hard with them, but well, he got good fast, and now I work my booty off to make it a fair challenge for him.

Even my newly 5 yo son likes to play.  It's great for him to work on his counting to 12, which he is good at already. But there is a lot to keep track of, and he does a really good job at managing it all.  He does lose interest quickly though, so we play shorter games with him.

In case you don't know what Skip-Bo is, it's a game where each player is dealt a stockpile of cards and then attempts to win by playing all these cards on building piles in numerical sequence 1 through 12.

 A member of Mattel's popular family of Uno card games, Skip-Bo resembles speed (or spit) in the same way that Uno takes after crazy eights. Out of a 162-card deck, two to six players are each dealt 20-card "stockpiles"; the first one to deplete their pile wins. Competing either alone or in teams, players draw from a central pile and stack their cards sequentially onto one of four "build" piles (for example, an eight onto a seven, a three onto a two), using plentiful Skip-Bo wild cards to break up static situations. Deceptively simple and ingeniously designed, this classic game offers plenty of strategizing opportunities, or it can just make a nice backdrop to socializing and munching on potato chips. --Paul Hughes

The concept is pretty easy, and it's fun.

Have you ever played Skip-Bo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...