Sunday 24 May 2015

Our Top 4 Kid Friendly Card Games



In the Knit Wit house, we play a lot of games together as a family, or myself and the boys.  As a parent sometimes it is hard to find games that you don't mind playing, but is also kid-friendly.  We have some basic ones that we play on a regular basis here, and I know Deanna plays different games with her kids! So be sure to check out here posts on kid friendly games as well!

Here are the 4 we play the most in our house:

1. Go Fish - Yes I know you are thinking one of 2 things: 1. DUH I could've figured that one out on my own.  OR 2. That isn't all that fun for us adults.  Both things are true, but we are looking for kid friendly games, and ones you won't hate playing.  Plus it is fast which to me is the key sometimes.  The boys are happy that I played with them and like playing.  If it didn't take a super long time, or they haven't lost their minds, we can play several rounds.  The best parts of this are that it is easy for a kid, it helps them with their numbers and matching, and you can get through it rather fast before boredom or excitement sets in. 

2. WAR - Ok this is one of those ones that can be long, but it is super easy, and mindless.  It helps the kids know which is higher, lower, and the same.  You can either just play with 2 of you by splitting the deck in half, or you can deal it as many players as you want!  It's just plain easy.

3. UNO - This is one of those games, kids or no kids, I enjoy playing this game.  The boys love playing, and hubby and I actually enjoy it.  It's a classic game, and it took a bit of explaining for the boys, but there are times when we are laughing so hard we have tears in our eyes.   It is fun, and has basic strategy play.  It helps the boys start thinking about strategy, and how to keep someone else winning.

4. Skip-Bo - I taught my boys to play this in a few minutes! This is another game that I enjoy playing on a regular basis, with or without the kids.  My youngest learned this game in a few minutes, and it is something that they can play strategies with and actually beat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...