Friday 22 May 2015

SkipBo Card Game

 

When I was a kid, my parents got us the SKIP BO Card Game, and we would all play together.  However, whenever we went to visit family far away, my Mom would grab all our card games, and packs of cards, and pack them for us to play.

My younger sister and I would grab all the cards and play games, as they didn't always have fun things for us to do.  We would play for hours, and make our own rules.

When I was living on my own, I bought my own pack, and I have played many times over the years.  This is a simple game:

Out of a 162-card deck, two to six players are each dealt 20-card "stockpiles"; the first one to deplete their pile wins. Competing either alone or in teams, players draw from a central pile and stack their cards sequentially onto one of four "build" piles (for example, an eight onto a seven, a three onto a two), using plentiful Skip-Bo wild cards to break up static situations. Deceptively simple and ingeniously designed, this classic game offers plenty of strategizing opportunities, or it can just make a nice backdrop to socializing and munching on potato chips. --Paul Hughes

Basically you take turns and try to get rid of your stock pile.  Whoever gets rid of their stock pile is the winner.  There are Skip-Bo cards which are basically wild cards, and as long as you can count to 12, you can figure out this game.

I introduced this game to my 3 boys, and they really took to it.  My youngest was 4, when we started playing, and while he doesn't always remember to get rid of his stockpile cards, he has no problem playing.  He really enjoys it, and needs only minor help as we go through it.

It is a fairly quick game, and can be enjoyed by the whole family.

What other games would you suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...