Sunday 2 August 2015

Daytrader Board Game

I must admit when I was asked to try out Daytrader, a financial board game, I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy it. I mean I am not a fan of talking about stocks and bonds, and all that stuff, so would it be boring? The pitch said:

Daytrader financial board game brings you the thrills and chills of the stock market to your own home sweet home and you can also take the game with you for your travels to play at your destination.

So I thought I would give it a shot!

The game says it is for 10+, but I only had my newly 9 yr old to play with.  I have to say, once we started playing he understood enough to play.  But didn’t really pay attention to how to win, so I had to tell him what he needed to do…and yeah…well he kicked my butt.



Ok back to playing…

The set up was easy, which is my kind of game. I hate when it takes 20 minutes to set up a game.


Work at the companies on the board game to scrape together some cash so you can make trades in the companies you work for.  Daytrader encourages learning ways to work to earn money, saving, investing (buy low, sell high), retirement planning and risk and each of these areas are integrated into every game. Become fast-thinking, investment-savvy day traders and navigate the volatile market with the ultimate goal of saving enough cash to retire before the other players.

Basically it’s a similar concept to Monopoly, but instead of buying properties, you are getting a job, and you can actually be bumped up to a higher paying job, or bumped out of a job.

The squares themselves, confused me the first time around, but after hitting the same ones a few times, I knew what to do, and was able to start enjoying the game.

As for the length of time it takes, the game really does depend on how much you earn for how long it will be.  With just 2 of us, it was a great length, and we both agreed we would like to play again.

I loved watching my son’s mind race that if he traded in these amounts, he could get a $1M bill, and thus that meant he had more than 3, which he needed that amount to win.  So then he started putting together the next steps. That’s when I knew I was in trouble! LOL  Oh he enjoyed beating me that’s for sure!

I am happy to offer a giveaway of 1 copy of the Daytrader game!

10 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...