Sunday 3 May 2015

Playing Uno with the Boys AKA Why Did I Do This Again?

 
 As a parent, I often want to do things with my boys.  Sometimes I do them because I think it will be fun, sometimes it's because I know it will make them happy even if it isn't so fun for me.  Sometimes I start out thinking it is a great idea and then questioning why I thought this was a good idea.

I actually think teaching the boys to play Uno was hubby's idea.  But he played once, and some how has managed to not be around every time the boys think we should play.

Don't get me wrong.... it's a fun game, and the boys love playing it, and I love playing it with them....but as with all things with 3 boys it gets rowdy.  Before I had boys I didn't know a card game could turn this rowdy.  But nowadays it is common for us to start out playing a card game, and it turns into boys rolling around laughing, screaming, and then the fight breaks out!

Playing with one boy is great, and it's a great game for kids.

My 8yo loves playing with me and piling up the pick up cards....the one day he was laughing so hard he was crying ...this was my hand:




There was only 4 cards in the deck. Every time I would add more to the deck he would slap down a +2.  The funny part came when I got my revenge.  He likes to tell everyone how I ended up winning that hand too.  LOL

The boys love Uno and we play regularly...but sometimes I question why this was a good idea LOL  Do you have any games you play with the kids you aren't sure why you are doing this to yourself?

1 comment:

  1. I remember playing Uno often as a kid, good times!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...